Sunday 19 January 2014

Summer In The City



Recently I bought tickets for the upcoming two-day festival, 'Summer In The City'. 
You may have heard of it, but if not, this event is the 'biggest youtuber gathering in London' and will take place on the 9th and 10th August 2014, in Alexandria Palace. 
Tickets went on sale on Wednesday 14th January and a weekend ticket cost £34 and sold out in a matter of minutes, although the event organisers predicted that tickets would not fully sell out until Friday 16th. The price has increased for tickets this year but seeing as my birthday is in July, I have persuaded my mum to pay the fee! Hurrah!

I've booked a nice hotel just 10 minutes walk away from the venue and me and my friend Kim are going for 3 days to London. By then we'll both be 18 so there's no limits... I can see this getting messy!

We haven't booked travel yet but I am trying to convince her that it'll be better (and more importantly, cheaper) to travel down by megabus. I've had a look at some prices and, if you can believe it, it's only £16 for a return trip down to London from Manchester. I know we'd be paying for a 5 hour journey in a confined space with little if no air conditioning and a toilet that's been violently exploited by an overweight middle-aged man but hey, it's cheap travel down to the capital of England and I'll take that!

The only problem we face is that Kim is claustrophobic and so I'm slowly trying to persuade her to face her fear in order to save £15+. I'm a good friend.

Seeing as it'll be summer, I'll be needing some lightweight travel clothes to keep me cool and so I will probably do a post on that nearer to the time, so keep your eyes peeled! 

I'll also do a vlog post on the whole event so you can see what I got up too, I'm very excited for it and now I have another excuse for wishing it was summer sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment