Sunday 22 June 2014

June's Album Of The Month: No Strings Attached


Room 94 - not to be confused with 'My Love''s ROUTE 94... - are a four piece pop/rock band based in London. This album, released on March 10th 2014, is their official debut into the music industry, a CD which made its way into HMV a few months ago. The songs on it are catchy, (mostly) upbeat and just genuinely good, and that's why 'No Strings Attached' is my album of the month for June.

(P.s. Sorry it's late!)

(Before listening to the album, be warned that there is swearing and sexual references in some songs so please don't listen if you're sensitive to that kind of thing)

Room 94 is a band made up of four members; lead singer Kieran Lemon, bassist Kit Tanton, lead guitarist Sean Lemon and drummer Dean Lemon.

If you didn't catch the parallel syntax there (I'm still stuck in English exam mode, apologies), yes, three members of the band are brothers and their mother mans - or rather, womans - the merchandise table whilst they take to the stage!

Their album came out in March and they did several HMV signings across the country. I attended the Manchester one and can first handedly say that the place was packed out, fans were blocking the mouth of the store and I had to fight my way out. (Apologies if you were innocently shopping that day)

I can honestly say this album is 10 tracks of pure perfection. If you like bands such as One Direction, Blink 182 and You Me At Six then you're a good match for 'No Strings Attached'. If you don't like any of the aforementioned, you should check it out anyway, because Room 94's style is influenced by such bands but not a total rip off which is really refreshing as I see a lot of bands trying to steal others' style and it's a little bit painful to watch.

I became obssessed with this album whilst revising for my exams at the end of April all the way through to mid May. It's up in my top five favourite albums, which tells you how much I'd recommend it to you all.

If I had to criticise, I would say there are elements of autotune in wrong places and the track 'The Morning After' was originally an acoustic one and the band have - for lack of a better word - jazzed it up to the point where I'm teetering on the edge of not liking it. If you don't like the album version, I would recommend listening to the acoustic, which you can find here: [x]

The band have supported Lawson, Union J amongst others, they're well known in Poland, their video for 'When I Was A Teenager' has been on several music TV channels and I can assuer you, they're climbing their way up in the world quickly, so check them out asap so you can be there when they become famous!

Favourite Track: Come Calm Me Down. This track is so good, it's definitely one that most people miss when listening to the album, with tracks like 'Superstar' and 'Chasing The Summer' looming over it. If you like something a little more toned down and serious, this is definitely the song for you. For something more cheery and upbeat, I also love 'When I Was A Teenager', so give that a listen too!

Room 94: 
Twitter [x

Facebook [x]


Find me:
Twitter [x]
Youtube [x]



No comments:

Post a Comment