Saturday 28 June 2014

My Birthday Make-up Idea

I'm not sure how interested you'll be in this post, but this is my initial idea for my birthday make-up. The pictures are fuzzy, the whole thing is rushed but I thought that I'd just quickly share this with you!
My birthday is on the 5th July and because I'll be turning 18, one of the few 'big' ages, I'm going to have a party in a venue and with a venue comes fancy make-up so here I am!

I've got a few ideas about what I'm going to do at this initial stage and I will be doing a little blog post about the night itself so that you can see how this actually turned out, with my dress on and my hair done. I quickly attempted to sketch out how I wanted my eyeshadow to look (without foundation, lipstick etc.) to see how it would look.

I used a smoky eyeshadow pallet from Claire's accessories which I found (and stole) in my sister's bedroom. It was a sort of easy DIY kit which included a black eyeshadow crayon, 9 different colours of eyeshadow, eye primer, mascara, a black eyeliner pencil and a pencil sharpener. I was definitely impressed.

I used the black crayon in my crease and sort of aimed for a smoky eye, I wouldn't say this was the look I was aiming for but I'm not too upset about it.

I used a MAC gel liner to line the top of my eye, a cheap waterproof liner from Duty Free to do my waterline (which you can't see properly in this photo... well done, Beth!) and 
a silver glitter eyeliner that I got free with a 
magazine a few years ago. 

I do like how it looks but it's not blended well enough on my right eye, the light grey part isn't the same colour as it is on the other eye. I'll just have to see if I can pull it off on the day.

So do you like it? Hate it? Indifferent? Let me know with ideas of how I could change/improve it to make it stand out more! 

I might keep you updated with more trials of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment