Friday 13 February 2015

Manchester Night Out Review: The Font and Fifth Avenue


A couple of weeks ago I travelled back to Manchester to celebrate the end of my only exam (which I did on 20th January... it went well!). My friends and I went to the cocktail bar 'The Font' and then the nightclub '5th Avenue' for their Propaganda night. 

I don't often go 'out' as I'm not a massive fan of getting drunk, but I enjoy doing it with my closest friends every now and again. 


This is a review of my first 'real' night out and my first time visiting Fifth Ave. 


So we started the night with pre-drinks at The Font, a cocktail bar which is situated next to Sound Control, just off of Oxford Road. I'd visited The Font previously and already knew I liked it, especially because of the super-cheap £2 cocktails.

We started with two each and I tried, for the first time, something called 'Amaretto Sour'. If you haven't heard of it it's a cocktail with Amaretto and lemon and the-like and it tastes SO good! Of all the cocktails I had, it was by far my favourite.
After several cocktails, we headed round to Fifth Avenue. We'd gotten their early because entry was cheaper and we just strolled straight in; no queue! 

Inside it's a bit dark and dingey but less grungey than I'd previously imagined. Large dancefloor circled by a bar with tables dotted around; the typical club style. 

I was more than a little intoxicated by this point, I won't lie to you, so the details are blurry after I started to dance... on my own... in the middle of an empty dance floor.

I made friends with a girl in the bathroom, almost pulled two guys ("I'm sorry, I'm taken.") which was very odd, we danced a lot and after two jaegar bombs I refused to drink any more.

The club was good though, decent music, nothing too obscure, and friendly people... well, those who I talked to were friendly.

Afterwards we walked over to Canal street to get a taxi. So location wise, Fifth gets my approval.

Overall I had an amazing night. The Font will always be one of my favourite haunts and the cheap cocktails and amazing curly fries make my night every time.

Fifth was good and, although skeptical at first, I would definitely go back again when I next have a night out!

If you live in Manchester I'm assuming you've heard of both of these venues, but if not, or if you want a good night out, I'd check these two out!

Overall, the night gets 4/5. Amazing pre-drinks, rubbish dancing and the best company I could ask for.

See you all soon!

Beth x

The Font: [x]
Fifth Avenue: [x]

Find me
Twitter [x]
Youtube [x]
Tumblr [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment