Monday 14 April 2014

April's Album Of The Month: Meet The Vamps


British band 'The Vamps' have released their debut album today, entitled 'Meet The Vamps'. The 51 minute long album holds 15 tracks and has been long awaited by fans.

The quick facts:
What: The Vamps' debut album, 'Meet The Vamps'
Price: Around £10
Where: Claire's Accessories, HMV, Play.com, eBay, Amazon, iTunes.
Why?
This album has been something I've looked forward to hearing for a while. I've been a bit cut off from new albums and music as I've been leading a very busy life recently but this album is definitely one I needed to hear.

I first found the vamps about a year ago on youtube through some of their covers (check them out [x]) and I knew they'd be one to watch. Through social media sites I saw the band evolve and grow in popularity. I first heard them live in June 2013 at Total Access Live (a pop music festival in Crewe) last year and being at the barrier gave me the chance to see first hand how they owned the stage and had that friendly on-stage chemistry that every band needs to thrive.

I've literally only just listened to the album a few minutes ago but I can tell you, even just from my first impression, that my expectations have been met. 'Meet The Vamps' holds the top 10 singles 'Can We Dance' and 'Wildheart' along with many previously unheard tracks, some of my favourites being 'Lovestruck' and 'Move My Way'.

To listen to my overall favourite track from the album, 'Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart)', check the sidebar on the right hand side of this page.

If you are a teenager, love pop music or want to give a deserving band a try, then The Vamps are your new friends. Make sure you check them out, whether it's on Spotify ('The Vamps'), Youtube [x], Twitter [x] or iTunes [x].

No comments:

Post a Comment